Siachen tragedy: Imran slams Zardari’s India visit
Abbotabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Sunday slammed President Asif Ali Zardari for visiting India at a time of a tragedy afflicted on Pakistan Army in Siachen.
Addressing the reportedly largest political gathering held in Abbottabad, Imran said: “The nation will not forgive leaders who have no respect for the nation and its institutions, and who do not know how to stand by the state in trying times.”
The cricketer-turned-politician further assured the gathering that his party would follow the Turkish model of development once it comes into power.
Imran criticised the West, saying that his party would pull out of the US-sponsored war on terrorism “which was being fought for dollars”.
Calling the tribal people as ‘brothers’, he underlined that talks should be held to resolve issues. He also said that his party would make ordinary citizens as its leader, instead of those with names and “suffixes of Bhutto and Sharif”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'