Sikh killed in Pak for planning to marry again
Lahore: A Sikh man was murdered in this eastern Pakistani city over his decision to marry a second time, police officials said on Saturday. An eyewitness told police that some persons entered 28-year-old Amarjeet Singh`s store at Shalimar Town in Lahore on Friday and assaulted him.
They then bundled Singh into a car and sped away. Later, Singh`s body was found near Sheikhupura district, 40 km from Lahore. The body bore marks of torture, police said.
Singh was a `hakeem` and dealt in natural medicines. When police contacted Singh`s family in the northwestern city of Peshawar, they learnt that he had recently decided to marry for a second time despite opposition from the woman`s fiance.
"The deceased`s family told us that Amerjeet Singh had contracted a second marriage with the fiance of Arjun Singh. It suspected that Arjun and the brothers of the second wife of Amerjeet might be involved in this murder," an official of Shalimar police station said.
A murder case had been registered against Arjun Singh, Saroop Singh and Mastan Singh, the officials said. Singh`s body was sent to the city mortuary for an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Domestic black money window will ensure peace of mind: IT dept
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London