Sikh killed in Pak for planning to marry again
Lahore: A Sikh man was murdered in this eastern Pakistani city over his decision to marry a second time, police officials said on Saturday. An eyewitness told police that some persons entered 28-year-old Amarjeet Singh`s store at Shalimar Town in Lahore on Friday and assaulted him.
They then bundled Singh into a car and sped away. Later, Singh`s body was found near Sheikhupura district, 40 km from Lahore. The body bore marks of torture, police said.
Singh was a `hakeem` and dealt in natural medicines. When police contacted Singh`s family in the northwestern city of Peshawar, they learnt that he had recently decided to marry for a second time despite opposition from the woman`s fiance.
"The deceased`s family told us that Amerjeet Singh had contracted a second marriage with the fiance of Arjun Singh. It suspected that Arjun and the brothers of the second wife of Amerjeet might be involved in this murder," an official of Shalimar police station said.
A murder case had been registered against Arjun Singh, Saroop Singh and Mastan Singh, the officials said. Singh`s body was sent to the city mortuary for an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video