Sikh killed in Pak for planning to marry again
Lahore: A Sikh man was murdered in this eastern Pakistani city over his decision to marry a second time, police officials said on Saturday. An eyewitness told police that some persons entered 28-year-old Amarjeet Singh`s store at Shalimar Town in Lahore on Friday and assaulted him.
They then bundled Singh into a car and sped away. Later, Singh`s body was found near Sheikhupura district, 40 km from Lahore. The body bore marks of torture, police said.
Singh was a `hakeem` and dealt in natural medicines. When police contacted Singh`s family in the northwestern city of Peshawar, they learnt that he had recently decided to marry for a second time despite opposition from the woman`s fiance.
"The deceased`s family told us that Amerjeet Singh had contracted a second marriage with the fiance of Arjun Singh. It suspected that Arjun and the brothers of the second wife of Amerjeet might be involved in this murder," an official of Shalimar police station said.
A murder case had been registered against Arjun Singh, Saroop Singh and Mastan Singh, the officials said. Singh`s body was sent to the city mortuary for an autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!