Sikh trader kidnapped in Pakistan: Report
Islamabad: A member of the minority Sikh community was kidnapped from an area on the outskirts of Peshawar city in northwest Pakistan, according to media reports.
Ranbir Singh was standing outside his house in Quaidabad, a suburb of Peshawar, when unidentified armed men seized him and took him away in a car on Monday night.
Singh was a trader and had a shop in Karkhano Market of Peshawar, media reports said.
No group claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Earlier this month, Mohindar Singh, another Sikh trader from Jogan Shah area of Peshawar, was killed by militants in Khyber Agency.
Mohinder was kidnapped in November.
Tawheedul Islam, a militant group, claimed responsibility for beheading Mohinder.
A note left with the body said he was killed for spying for a rival militant group, the Lashkar-e-Islam.
Mohinder Singh, 40, was a seller of herbal medicines, a trade that is common among Sikhs in northwest Pakistan.
Sikhs have lived in Khyber Agency and other parts of the semi-autonomous tribal areas for over six decades.
Many Sikh families were forced to flee the tribal region after the Pakistan Army launched operations against the Taliban and other militants groups over the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark