Sindh Assembly dissolved ahead of general election
Karachi: The provincial Assembly of Sindh was dissolved tonight by Governor Ishrat-ul Ebad paving the way for the appointment of a caretaker arrangement in the province ahead of general elections in May.
The governor signed on the summary dissolving the assembly on the recommendations of Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah.
The dissolution of the Assembly comes two days after the Balochistan assembly was also dissolved.
The Sindh Assembly, with the coalition government headed by the Pakistan Peoples Party and Muttahida Qaumi Movement, was to complete its five year term on April 5.
Sources said the dissolution came since the ruling and opposition parties had agreed to a caretaker chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final