Sindh Assembly dissolved ahead of general election
Karachi: The provincial Assembly of Sindh was dissolved tonight by Governor Ishrat-ul Ebad paving the way for the appointment of a caretaker arrangement in the province ahead of general elections in May.
The governor signed on the summary dissolving the assembly on the recommendations of Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah.
The dissolution of the Assembly comes two days after the Balochistan assembly was also dissolved.
The Sindh Assembly, with the coalition government headed by the Pakistan Peoples Party and Muttahida Qaumi Movement, was to complete its five year term on April 5.
Sources said the dissolution came since the ruling and opposition parties had agreed to a caretaker chief minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living