Sindh police arrested 66 Taliban militants in 2010: Report
Islamabad: Police in Pakistan`s southern
Sindh province arrested 66 militants associated with the
banned Tehrik-e-Taliban and killed 11 terrorists in shootouts
during the past year, according to an official report issued
The Sindh Home Department`s report on the police
department`s performance during 2010 further said law
enforcement personnel had seized 352.5 kg of high explosives,
100 grenades and rocket launchers, 11 explosive devices, two
suicide vests and 229 weapons.
Attacks on policemen by criminals across the province
increased from 2,250 during 2009 to 2,275 during the past
The police force recruited 10,300 constables during
2010 to meet the growing need for more law enforcers in the
troubled provincial capital of Karachi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents