Situation on LoC terrible: Musharraf
New Delhi: Former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf said on Friday the situation on the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir was "terrible" and the escalation of tension should be totally unacceptable to both the governments.
"I don`t know about it but whoever is doing... the situation is terrible and escalating on the Line of Control (LoC) where we have had peaceful Line of Control. This should be totally unacceptable to both the governments," he told a news channel in an interview.
Musharraf, who was Army chief and president when both countries agreed to the ceasefire on the LoC in 2003, said that peace must prevail between both the countries.
"I don`t know the reality on the ground. All that I would like so say is that peace must prevail and this must stop. No sane person would think that this escalation is in anyone`s interest," he said when asked his opinion on the fresh tensions between both countries.
Musharraf declined to blame his country for the tension.
"I cannot imagine that Pakistan has done this. If they have done this is absolutely wrong but there is big If," he replied to a question about the repeated violations of ceasefire by Pakistan and the killing of the Indian soldiers.
He also said he could not believe that Pakistani soldiers could have crossed the LoC and killed and beheaded Indian soldiers, terming it a "terrible, wild act".
"I just can`t imagine any soldier doing this. If anyone has done it the strongest punishment should be given to him," Musharraf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared