Six Afghan policemen found shot dead at checkpoint
Kabul: An official says six Afghan policemen have been found shot dead at their checkpoint in the country`s south. Two other policemen were missing, raising suspicions they killed their comrades.
District chief Nayamatullah Samim today said that the police were found shot dead in the shelter near their checkpoint overnight after they did not check in. He said two other officers were missing, along with vehicles and weapons from the checkpoint.
Samim says it wasn`t yet clear whether the missing policemen had attacked their comrades or if they had been captured in a militant attack.
So-called "insider attacks" in which Afghan forces open fire on their comrades or international forces threaten to shake the confidence of the two sides as the 2014 withdrawal of most of the international troops approaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi