close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Six Afghans subcontracted by US found dead: Police

The Taliban, who have said they had nothing to do with the kidnapping, were not immediately reachable for comment.



Pul-I-Alam: Six Afghans
employed by a local construction business contracted by the US
who were kidnapped last week were found shot dead on Saturday, a
local official said.

The six were among a group taken hostage on Tuesday in
Logar province in the south of the war-torn country. The fate
of three others kidnapped at the same time remains unknown,
Abdul Khalil Kamal, governor of Charkh district told a news agency.

The nine Afghans were kidnapped on September 6 by the
Taliban while they were on their way to work for a local
construction company subcontracted by the US army, Kamal said,
without giving the name of the company.

"Six Afghan civilian workers were found dead this morning
in Charkh district of Logar province," he said, adding that
they were killed overnight and their bodies were left along
the roadside in two separate areas.

Logar provincial police chief Ghulam Sakhi Rogh Lewani
confirmed that the six bodies were recovered in two different
places in the district, adding that they were suffering from
gunshot wounds, to the chest, head or back of the neck.

The Taliban, who have said they had nothing to do with
the kidnapping, were not immediately reachable for comment.

PTI

TAGS

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions