Six children die in Afghan bomb blast
Kabul: At least six children and one man were killed when a bomb planted in a garbage bin exploded on Friday in Tirin Kot, capital of Afghanistan`s southern province of Uruzgan, police said.
Four other children who were playing nearby were wounded,
said spokesman Fardi Ayel.
"At around 3:00 pm today there was an explosion in Tirin
Kot city, initial information we have is that six children and
one man have been killed," he said.
There was no obvious target for the bombing, although the
home of a local police commander was nearby, he said.
Earlier in a day of violence in the war-weary country
eight NATO soldiers were killed in two roadside bomb blasts,
also in southern Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say