Six children die in Afghan bomb blast
Kabul: At least six children and one man were killed when a bomb planted in a garbage bin exploded on Friday in Tirin Kot, capital of Afghanistan`s southern province of Uruzgan, police said.
Four other children who were playing nearby were wounded,
said spokesman Fardi Ayel.
"At around 3:00 pm today there was an explosion in Tirin
Kot city, initial information we have is that six children and
one man have been killed," he said.
There was no obvious target for the bombing, although the
home of a local police commander was nearby, he said.
Earlier in a day of violence in the war-weary country
eight NATO soldiers were killed in two roadside bomb blasts,
also in southern Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh