Six children die in Afghan bomb blast
Kabul: At least six children and one man were killed when a bomb planted in a garbage bin exploded on Friday in Tirin Kot, capital of Afghanistan`s southern province of Uruzgan, police said.
Four other children who were playing nearby were wounded,
said spokesman Fardi Ayel.
"At around 3:00 pm today there was an explosion in Tirin
Kot city, initial information we have is that six children and
one man have been killed," he said.
There was no obvious target for the bombing, although the
home of a local police commander was nearby, he said.
Earlier in a day of violence in the war-weary country
eight NATO soldiers were killed in two roadside bomb blasts,
also in southern Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders