Six die in Lahore building blaze
Islamabad: At least six people were burnt to death when a fire broke out at a building in Pakistan`s Lahore city, Geo News reported.
The blaze, which gutted third floor of the building, also affected four other blocks in the neighbourhood before firemen could reach the site.
It took hours to finally douse the fire, as it reignited despite having been brought under control after four hours, a fire official said.
About 14 fire tenders had to be pressed into service to control the fire.
The exact number of people present in the building during the fire incident could not be immediately ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states