Six die in Lahore building blaze
Islamabad: At least six people were burnt to death when a fire broke out at a building in Pakistan`s Lahore city, Geo News reported.
The blaze, which gutted third floor of the building, also affected four other blocks in the neighbourhood before firemen could reach the site.
It took hours to finally douse the fire, as it reignited despite having been brought under control after four hours, a fire official said.
About 14 fire tenders had to be pressed into service to control the fire.
The exact number of people present in the building during the fire incident could not be immediately ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise