Six die in Lahore building blaze
Islamabad: At least six people were burnt to death when a fire broke out at a building in Pakistan`s Lahore city, Geo News reported.
The blaze, which gutted third floor of the building, also affected four other blocks in the neighbourhood before firemen could reach the site.
It took hours to finally douse the fire, as it reignited despite having been brought under control after four hours, a fire official said.
About 14 fire tenders had to be pressed into service to control the fire.
The exact number of people present in the building during the fire incident could not be immediately ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report
- Sex workers suffer ''horrific'' rape, beatings and discrimination: Report