Six, including ANP leader, killed in Pak blast
Islamabad: Six persons, including a leader of the Awami National Party, were killed and 12 others injured when a powerful bomb went off in a busy market on the outskirts of Quetta city in southwest Pakistan on Friday.
The bomb went off at Kuchlak Bazar this morning near the venue of a rally organised by the ANP, which is part of the ruling coalition at the centre.
Malik Qasim, provincial vice-president of the Pashtoon Students Federation that is affiliated to the ANP, and an eight-year-old girl were among the dead, officials and witnesses said.
Aurangzeb Kasi, head of the Balochistan chapter of the ANP, and his wife were among the injured. Officials said they were out of danger.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by firing. It could not immediately be ascertained who was responsible for the firing. Officials said the bomb was attached to a bicycle.
Footage on television showed several vehicles and nearby buildings were destroyed by the blast. The cars were hit by pellets packed into the bomb. Shoes and slippers lay strewn at the venue of the rally.
No group claimed responsibility for the blast, which occurred hours before an official visit by Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf to Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof