Six Indians in Nepalese Maoists` PLA
Kathmandu: Six Indians, including a woman,
found their way into the Nepalese Maoists` People`s
Liberation Army and were even verified by the United Nations`
Mission here, a media report has said, triggering serious
concerns about the credibility of the verification process.
They were among the 19,602 Maoist combatants verified by
the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) in 2007, `The
Kathmandu Post` reported.
Four of them were verified during the regrouping of the
Maoist combatants while two were verified at the First
Division in Ilam district by the UNMIN, the daily reported,
quoting sources at the Army Integration Special Committee.
Four of the six Indians had already filled up survey
forms last month at the Third Division headquarters of the
Maoist combatants in Chitwan.
They were identified as Panalal Kumar Chaudhary and Bhola
Chaudhary from Motihari in Bihar and Amar Subba and woman
combatant Chanda Limbu from Darjeeling in West Bengal and
Sikkim respectively, the report said.
Panalal, Bhola and Chanda were registered under Kalyan
Anish Memorial Brigade of the Maoist army by UNMIN in 2007,
while Subba was registered under Bethan Memorial Brigade.
Panalal, 23, was recruited into the Maoist Army in June
2005 and has been listed as section vice-commander of the
Maoists` PLA. Bhola Chaudhary alias "Danger", 16, was also
recruited into the Maoist army in May 2005 and he too has been
given the responsibility of section vice-commander.
Company commander Subba, 35, is the senior ranking
combatant among the four participating in the regrouping
process. He had joined the PLA in 2003.
The woman combatant Chanda alias Dibya, 24, from Sikkim
was recruited into the PLA in 2005.
Of the four, Chanda opted for integration during the
"We cannot provide options offered by the Special
Committee to the combatants who are not Nepali nationals,"
said the main opposition Nepali Congress leader and Special
Committee member Ram Sharan Mahat.
He said the registration of the Indian nationals as PLA
cadre has raised serious question regarding the credibility of
the verification process carried out by UNMIN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!