Six killed after boat capsizes in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Six people were drowned on Thursday when a boat carrying over a hundred passengers capsized in the Jamuna river in Bangladesh.
The mishap took place near the Mituani Bazar boat pier area, when the boat sank after hitting a rundown bridge, Chawhali Upazila Executive Officer Mohammad Abdullah was quoted as saying by the bdnews24.
The boat was ferrying nearly 100 passengers from Mituani Bazar to Char Salimabad.
Around 20 people have been rescued so far by local people using their own boats, even as a team of divers from Dhaka were on their way to Sirajganj to help the rescue operations.
Six bodies have been recovered so far and rescue operations are on, officials said.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow