Six killed, dozens injured in Balochistan blast
Islamabad, Jun 11 (PTI) Six persons were killed and dozens injured when a bomb went off near a bus in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday, officials said.
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle, was detonated by remote control as the bus was passing through Mastung district, 50 km south of the provincial capital of Quetta.
Officials confirmed the death of six persons. Over two dozen people were injured.
Nearly 50 people, including women and children, were in the bus.
The condition of three of the wounded was critical, officials said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital and those in a critical condition were later shifted to Quetta.
Footage on television showed that the bus was extensively damaged by the blast.
Police officials said the intended target of the bombing might have been a bus with Shia pilgrims that passed the area minutes before the explosion.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Balochistan has witnessed a string of sectarian attacks that targeted the minority Shia community.
Scores have died in these attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read