Six killed in Pak bomb blasts
Islamabad: At least six people were killed
and more than 30 others injured on Tuesday after two bomb blasts in
Pakistan`s restive northwest, the first such attacks this
A blast ripped through a commercial complex in
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial capital Peshawar that killed
two persons and injured nearly 30 otehrs, police said.
The explosion occurred within the building at Arbab Road.
SSP (Operations) Tahir Ayyub told reporters that the
blast was caused by a bomb hidden in a motorcycle.
The motorcycle was parked near several internet cafes.
The explosion damaged over 20 shops and blew out windows
of nearby buildings.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
In the Khyber tribal region, four persons were killed and
four more injured when a remote-controlled bomb went off in a
market at Landi Kotal, police said.
An official of the Khasadar militia was among the dead,
The powerful blast damaged several cars and shops.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Authorities sounded an alert in Peshawar and additional
policemen were deployed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen