Six killed in Pak bomb blasts
Islamabad: At least six people were killed
and more than 30 others injured on Tuesday after two bomb blasts in
Pakistan`s restive northwest, the first such attacks this
A blast ripped through a commercial complex in
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial capital Peshawar that killed
two persons and injured nearly 30 otehrs, police said.
The explosion occurred within the building at Arbab Road.
SSP (Operations) Tahir Ayyub told reporters that the
blast was caused by a bomb hidden in a motorcycle.
The motorcycle was parked near several internet cafes.
The explosion damaged over 20 shops and blew out windows
of nearby buildings.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
In the Khyber tribal region, four persons were killed and
four more injured when a remote-controlled bomb went off in a
market at Landi Kotal, police said.
An official of the Khasadar militia was among the dead,
The powerful blast damaged several cars and shops.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Authorities sounded an alert in Peshawar and additional
policemen were deployed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur