Six killed in Pak bomb blasts
Islamabad: At least six people were killed
and more than 30 others injured on Tuesday after two bomb blasts in
Pakistan`s restive northwest, the first such attacks this
A blast ripped through a commercial complex in
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial capital Peshawar that killed
two persons and injured nearly 30 otehrs, police said.
The explosion occurred within the building at Arbab Road.
SSP (Operations) Tahir Ayyub told reporters that the
blast was caused by a bomb hidden in a motorcycle.
The motorcycle was parked near several internet cafes.
The explosion damaged over 20 shops and blew out windows
of nearby buildings.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
In the Khyber tribal region, four persons were killed and
four more injured when a remote-controlled bomb went off in a
market at Landi Kotal, police said.
An official of the Khasadar militia was among the dead,
The powerful blast damaged several cars and shops.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Authorities sounded an alert in Peshawar and additional
policemen were deployed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured