Six killed in Pak bomb blasts
Islamabad: At least six people were killed
and more than 30 others injured on Tuesday after two bomb blasts in
Pakistan`s restive northwest, the first such attacks this
A blast ripped through a commercial complex in
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial capital Peshawar that killed
two persons and injured nearly 30 otehrs, police said.
The explosion occurred within the building at Arbab Road.
SSP (Operations) Tahir Ayyub told reporters that the
blast was caused by a bomb hidden in a motorcycle.
The motorcycle was parked near several internet cafes.
The explosion damaged over 20 shops and blew out windows
of nearby buildings.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
In the Khyber tribal region, four persons were killed and
four more injured when a remote-controlled bomb went off in a
market at Landi Kotal, police said.
An official of the Khasadar militia was among the dead,
The powerful blast damaged several cars and shops.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Authorities sounded an alert in Peshawar and additional
policemen were deployed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies
- Obama creates world's largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- How malaria supports spread of infectious cancer in Africa
- Cricket in America: MS Dhoni sees USA as a special market