Six killed in Pak bomb blasts
Islamabad: At least six people were killed
and more than 30 others injured on Tuesday after two bomb blasts in
Pakistan`s restive northwest, the first such attacks this
A blast ripped through a commercial complex in
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial capital Peshawar that killed
two persons and injured nearly 30 otehrs, police said.
The explosion occurred within the building at Arbab Road.
SSP (Operations) Tahir Ayyub told reporters that the
blast was caused by a bomb hidden in a motorcycle.
The motorcycle was parked near several internet cafes.
The explosion damaged over 20 shops and blew out windows
of nearby buildings.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
In the Khyber tribal region, four persons were killed and
four more injured when a remote-controlled bomb went off in a
market at Landi Kotal, police said.
An official of the Khasadar militia was among the dead,
The powerful blast damaged several cars and shops.
No group claimed responsibility for both attacks.
Authorities sounded an alert in Peshawar and additional
policemen were deployed in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners