Six killed in Pakistan suicide bombing
Lahore: A bomb blast ripped through a bus in
Pakistan`s Punjab province on Saturday, killing at least six persons
and injuring 20 others, police said.
The blast occurred in Chak Kamal area near Kharian city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Mian Sultan said an
explosive device was planted under a seat at the rear of the
Three women and a child were among the dead, officials
said. Local residents took the injured to nearby hospitals.
There were about 50 people in the bus when the blast
The bus caught fire and the blaze spread to nearby crops,
Kharian city has the world`s second largest army base,
built during the British colonial era.
The motive behind the blast was unclear as most of the
dead and injured were civilians.
The blast came a day after over 80 people were killed and
140 injured when two suicide bombers struck a paramilitary
training centre in northwest Pakistan.
The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for that
attack, saying it was carried out to avenge the killing of
Osama bin Laden in a US raid last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore