Six killed in Pakistan suicide bombing
Lahore: A bomb blast ripped through a bus in
Pakistan`s Punjab province on Saturday, killing at least six persons
and injuring 20 others, police said.
The blast occurred in Chak Kamal area near Kharian city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Mian Sultan said an
explosive device was planted under a seat at the rear of the
Three women and a child were among the dead, officials
said. Local residents took the injured to nearby hospitals.
There were about 50 people in the bus when the blast
The bus caught fire and the blaze spread to nearby crops,
Kharian city has the world`s second largest army base,
built during the British colonial era.
The motive behind the blast was unclear as most of the
dead and injured were civilians.
The blast came a day after over 80 people were killed and
140 injured when two suicide bombers struck a paramilitary
training centre in northwest Pakistan.
The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for that
attack, saying it was carried out to avenge the killing of
Osama bin Laden in a US raid last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured