Six militants captured in Swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani troops on Sunday
captured six militants and busted several Taliban hideouts as
they continued search and clearance operations in the
northwestern Swat valley.
Security forces captured four militants and uncovered
nine caves used as hideouts during a search operation near
Fatehpur and Miandam.
Two more militants were apprehended during an
operation near Khwazakhela, the military said in a statement.
Another cave was uncovered by troops in Tiligram area.
Troops also seized weapons during the operations, including a
12.7 mm gun.
The Pakistan Army has claimed that it has killed over
2,000 militants since an operation was launched against the
Taliban in Swat in May. Over 300 security personnel have also
died in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured