Six militants captured in Swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani troops on Sunday
captured six militants and busted several Taliban hideouts as
they continued search and clearance operations in the
northwestern Swat valley.
Security forces captured four militants and uncovered
nine caves used as hideouts during a search operation near
Fatehpur and Miandam.
Two more militants were apprehended during an
operation near Khwazakhela, the military said in a statement.
Another cave was uncovered by troops in Tiligram area.
Troops also seized weapons during the operations, including a
12.7 mm gun.
The Pakistan Army has claimed that it has killed over
2,000 militants since an operation was launched against the
Taliban in Swat in May. Over 300 security personnel have also
died in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced