Six militants captured in Swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani troops on Sunday
captured six militants and busted several Taliban hideouts as
they continued search and clearance operations in the
northwestern Swat valley.
Security forces captured four militants and uncovered
nine caves used as hideouts during a search operation near
Fatehpur and Miandam.
Two more militants were apprehended during an
operation near Khwazakhela, the military said in a statement.
Another cave was uncovered by troops in Tiligram area.
Troops also seized weapons during the operations, including a
12.7 mm gun.
The Pakistan Army has claimed that it has killed over
2,000 militants since an operation was launched against the
Taliban in Swat in May. Over 300 security personnel have also
died in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon