Six militants killed by Afghan Army
Kabul: At least six militants were killed in Afghan military operations Saturday, said the country`s defence ministry.
"Two military operations were carried out by the Afghan National Army in eastern Paktia and Laghman provinces. Six militants were killed and 10 others were wounded," Xinhua quoted a ministry statement as saying.
One militant`s hideout was destroyed and a motorcycle and weapons seized during the raids while two militants were detained by the army personnel, the statement noted.
In addition, four militants were killed and one was wounded when the roadside bomb they were planting along a main road went off prematurely in southern Helmand province, according to the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped