Six militants killed by Afghan Army
Kabul: At least six militants were killed in Afghan military operations Saturday, said the country`s defence ministry.
"Two military operations were carried out by the Afghan National Army in eastern Paktia and Laghman provinces. Six militants were killed and 10 others were wounded," Xinhua quoted a ministry statement as saying.
One militant`s hideout was destroyed and a motorcycle and weapons seized during the raids while two militants were detained by the army personnel, the statement noted.
In addition, four militants were killed and one was wounded when the roadside bomb they were planting along a main road went off prematurely in southern Helmand province, according to the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you