Six militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Backed by helicopter gunships,
Pakistani security forces on Friday targeted terrorist hideouts in
the restive Orakzai tribal region, killing at least six
militants and injuring five others.
The militant strongholds were attacked in Sargar, Kash
Lashkar and Tangi towns in Orakzai tribal agency, officials
Six militants were killed and five more wounded while
three hideouts of a banned group were destroyed.
The Lashkar-e-Islam, Ansar-ul-Islam and several Taliban
factions are active in the region.
Over 200 militants have been killed since security forces
launched a fresh offensive in several areas of Orakzai region
to flush out the insurgents.
The militants have retaliated by blowing up six
state-runs schools, two basic health centres, a college and a
technical institute during the past three days in different
areas of Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says