Six militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Backed by helicopter gunships,
Pakistani security forces on Friday targeted terrorist hideouts in
the restive Orakzai tribal region, killing at least six
militants and injuring five others.
The militant strongholds were attacked in Sargar, Kash
Lashkar and Tangi towns in Orakzai tribal agency, officials
Six militants were killed and five more wounded while
three hideouts of a banned group were destroyed.
The Lashkar-e-Islam, Ansar-ul-Islam and several Taliban
factions are active in the region.
Over 200 militants have been killed since security forces
launched a fresh offensive in several areas of Orakzai region
to flush out the insurgents.
The militants have retaliated by blowing up six
state-runs schools, two basic health centres, a college and a
technical institute during the past three days in different
areas of Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'
- Lionel Messi due to go on trial in Spain for tax fraud
- Get up-close with Datsun Redi Go: Watch review
- Speed trial of Spanish-built Talgo train conducted on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route
- The never-ending vigil for millions yearning to bury their dead