Six militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: Backed by helicopter gunships,
Pakistani security forces on Friday targeted terrorist hideouts in
the restive Orakzai tribal region, killing at least six
militants and injuring five others.
The militant strongholds were attacked in Sargar, Kash
Lashkar and Tangi towns in Orakzai tribal agency, officials
Six militants were killed and five more wounded while
three hideouts of a banned group were destroyed.
The Lashkar-e-Islam, Ansar-ul-Islam and several Taliban
factions are active in the region.
Over 200 militants have been killed since security forces
launched a fresh offensive in several areas of Orakzai region
to flush out the insurgents.
The militants have retaliated by blowing up six
state-runs schools, two basic health centres, a college and a
technical institute during the past three days in different
areas of Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS