Six security personnel killed in militant attack in Pakistan
Islamabad: Six security personnel were on Tuesday killed and 16 others injured when militants attacked a check post in the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan.
Militants attacked a check post in Shalobar area in Khyber Agency.
State-run Radio Pakistan quoted officials as saying that six security personnel were killed and 16 others injured.
Security forces retaliated against the attack and forced the militants to retreat, the officials said.
TV news channels reported that militants attacks four check posts in Shalobar area.
The reports said personnel of the Frontier Corps and Khasadar militia were among those killed in the overnight clash.
The militants attacked the troops with heavy weapons that damaged one of the check posts.
The attacks occurred in an area dominated by the Lashkar- e-Islam group led by warlord Mangal Bagh Afridi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!