Six suspected suicide bombers arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Law enforcement agencies have arrested six suspected terrorists from this eastern Pakistani city and recovered suicide jackets and explosive materials from their possession, officials said on Thursday.
Police officials said intelligence agencies had captured Qari Bashir of Tanik along with five accomplices. Two dozen suicide jackets, 28 grenades and jehadi literature were seized from them.
The arrested men are believed to be activists of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"During interrogation, the accused revealed that their objective was to target foreigners in Lahore," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick