Six suspected suicide bombers arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Law enforcement agencies have arrested six suspected terrorists from this eastern Pakistani city and recovered suicide jackets and explosive materials from their possession, officials said on Thursday.
Police officials said intelligence agencies had captured Qari Bashir of Tanik along with five accomplices. Two dozen suicide jackets, 28 grenades and jehadi literature were seized from them.
The arrested men are believed to be activists of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
"During interrogation, the accused revealed that their objective was to target foreigners in Lahore," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations