SL Navy arrests Australia bound illegal migrants
Colombo: The Sri Lanka Navy has arrested 67 people attempting to illegally leave for Australia by boat, taking the number of such arrests to over 400 in the last 10 days.
The Naval spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said 54 Tamils and 13 Sinhalese were arrested off the west coast region of Wennappuwa yesterday.
Since July 10, the tally of illegal migrants to Australia has now crossed the 400 mark, authorities said.
The incidents continue to occur despite measures put in place by the local authorities to try and stop the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?