Snow from Pakistan avalanche 80 feet deep
Islamabad: Snow from an avalanche that buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Indian border on Saturday was up to 80 feet deep, state television reported, suggesting their chances of survival were slim.
State television, quoting the Army spokesman, also said the avalanche covered an area 0.62 miles (1 kilometre) wide.
More than 12 hours after the disaster at the entrance to the Siachen Glacier, no survivors had been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti