Snow from Pakistan avalanche 80 feet deep
Islamabad: Snow from an avalanche that buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Indian border on Saturday was up to 80 feet deep, state television reported, suggesting their chances of survival were slim.
State television, quoting the Army spokesman, also said the avalanche covered an area 0.62 miles (1 kilometre) wide.
More than 12 hours after the disaster at the entrance to the Siachen Glacier, no survivors had been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'