Snow from Pakistan avalanche 80 feet deep
Islamabad: Snow from an avalanche that buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Indian border on Saturday was up to 80 feet deep, state television reported, suggesting their chances of survival were slim.
State television, quoting the Army spokesman, also said the avalanche covered an area 0.62 miles (1 kilometre) wide.
More than 12 hours after the disaster at the entrance to the Siachen Glacier, no survivors had been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!