Snow from Pakistan avalanche 80 feet deep
Islamabad: Snow from an avalanche that buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Indian border on Saturday was up to 80 feet deep, state television reported, suggesting their chances of survival were slim.
State television, quoting the Army spokesman, also said the avalanche covered an area 0.62 miles (1 kilometre) wide.
More than 12 hours after the disaster at the entrance to the Siachen Glacier, no survivors had been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley