Snow from Pakistan avalanche 80 feet deep
Islamabad: Snow from an avalanche that buried over 100 Pakistani soldiers near the Indian border on Saturday was up to 80 feet deep, state television reported, suggesting their chances of survival were slim.
State television, quoting the Army spokesman, also said the avalanche covered an area 0.62 miles (1 kilometre) wide.
More than 12 hours after the disaster at the entrance to the Siachen Glacier, no survivors had been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials