Somali pirates kill two Sri Lankan fishermen
Colombo: Somali pirates seized a Sri
Lankan fishing vessel after killing two crew members and took
three others hostage, Sri Lanka`s Fisheries Ministry said
Pirates captured the boat as it strayed into Somali
waters on January 27, the ministry`s director Lal Silva said.
The captured fishermen, who left Sri Lanka`s southern
town of Mirissa on January 4, had alerted Sri Lankan
authorities, Silva said.
"Three fishermen were taken hostage. The two who were
killed were thrown overboard by the pirates," Silva said.
He said the exact whereabouts of the fishermen was not
known. Sri Lanka has no diplomatic presence in Somalia.
Twenty Sri Lankan sailors were among a multinational
crew captured by Somali pirates in March last year and
subsequently released after their employers reportedly paid
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH