Somali pirates kill two Sri Lankan fishermen
Colombo: Somali pirates seized a Sri
Lankan fishing vessel after killing two crew members and took
three others hostage, Sri Lanka`s Fisheries Ministry said
Pirates captured the boat as it strayed into Somali
waters on January 27, the ministry`s director Lal Silva said.
The captured fishermen, who left Sri Lanka`s southern
town of Mirissa on January 4, had alerted Sri Lankan
authorities, Silva said.
"Three fishermen were taken hostage. The two who were
killed were thrown overboard by the pirates," Silva said.
He said the exact whereabouts of the fishermen was not
known. Sri Lanka has no diplomatic presence in Somalia.
Twenty Sri Lankan sailors were among a multinational
crew captured by Somali pirates in March last year and
subsequently released after their employers reportedly paid
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...