Some troops could leave Afghanistan early: Gates
Pole Chaki Training Base, Afghanistan: U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says some of the U.S. forces involved in the Afghanistan surge could leave the country before President Barack Obama`s announced July 2011 date to begin withdrawal.
Without giving specifics, Gates says, "It would have to be conditions-based."
Gates raised the possibility of some early withdrawals during a visit to a base where Afghan recruits are trained by U.S. and British instructors.
Afghan Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak said his troops are eager to take on the responsibility for defending the country, but give no indication of when that might be possible.
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore