Son for former Balochistan minister shot dead
Islamabad: The son of a former provincial minister was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Thursday, police said.
The gunmen attacked Hafiz Zubair, son of former provincial minister Hafiz Hussain Ahmad Sharodi, at a market in provincial capital Quetta.
He died instantly and the attackers fled from the scene, police said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Balochistan has witnessed a spike in ethnic and political violence in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video