Son for former Balochistan minister shot dead
Islamabad: The son of a former provincial minister was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Thursday, police said.
The gunmen attacked Hafiz Zubair, son of former provincial minister Hafiz Hussain Ahmad Sharodi, at a market in provincial capital Quetta.
He died instantly and the attackers fled from the scene, police said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Balochistan has witnessed a spike in ethnic and political violence in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?