Sonia, Hasina vow to root out terrorism
Dhaka: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday lauded Bangladesh`s efforts to root out terrorism in the
region and vowed to work with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to
thwart the scourge.
"Sonia Gandhi praised Bangladesh initiatives to combat
terrorism and uproot militancy but said the countries in South
Asia need to join their hands to thwart its threats" as she
held a meeting with Hasina, Bangladesh premier`s press
secretary Abul Kalam Azad said.
"It`s (militancy) not problem of India or Bangladesh
alone," Azad quoted the visiting UPA chairperson as saying.
During a one-to-one meeting, both the leaders agreed
that "due to its gravity and manifestation" it was not
possible by a single country to work against terrorism and
Azad said Hasina called terrorism a major threat to
the sustainable development of the regional nations as the two
leaders met on the sidelines of an international conference on
Both the leaders, he said, echoed similar sentiment of
working together to prevent terrorism and militancy saying
that Bangladesh and India were against all sorts of terrorism
and militancy that hindered development process of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?