Sonia, Hasina vow to root out terrorism
Dhaka: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday lauded Bangladesh`s efforts to root out terrorism in the
region and vowed to work with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to
thwart the scourge.
"Sonia Gandhi praised Bangladesh initiatives to combat
terrorism and uproot militancy but said the countries in South
Asia need to join their hands to thwart its threats" as she
held a meeting with Hasina, Bangladesh premier`s press
secretary Abul Kalam Azad said.
"It`s (militancy) not problem of India or Bangladesh
alone," Azad quoted the visiting UPA chairperson as saying.
During a one-to-one meeting, both the leaders agreed
that "due to its gravity and manifestation" it was not
possible by a single country to work against terrorism and
Azad said Hasina called terrorism a major threat to
the sustainable development of the regional nations as the two
leaders met on the sidelines of an international conference on
Both the leaders, he said, echoed similar sentiment of
working together to prevent terrorism and militancy saying
that Bangladesh and India were against all sorts of terrorism
and militancy that hindered development process of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL