South Waziristan offensive over: Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister says the Army has finished its operation against the Taliban in the South Waziristan tribal region but may now pursue militants in another area along the Afghan border.
Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Saturday the government is discussing taking the battle to Orakzai tribal region.
Pakistan`s military has recently launched airstrikes at militant targets in Orakzai.
The UN says thousands of people have fled the area.
Orakzai has long been the main base of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud.
The military still issues daily reports of its battlefield actions in South Waziristan, but it is clear the activity has slowed down.
Many militants in South Waziristan are believed to have gone to Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre