South Waziristan offensive over: Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister says the Army has finished its operation against the Taliban in the South Waziristan tribal region but may now pursue militants in another area along the Afghan border.
Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Saturday the government is discussing taking the battle to Orakzai tribal region.
Pakistan`s military has recently launched airstrikes at militant targets in Orakzai.
The UN says thousands of people have fled the area.
Orakzai has long been the main base of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud.
The military still issues daily reports of its battlefield actions in South Waziristan, but it is clear the activity has slowed down.
Many militants in South Waziristan are believed to have gone to Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB