South Waziristan offensive over: Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister says the Army has finished its operation against the Taliban in the South Waziristan tribal region but may now pursue militants in another area along the Afghan border.
Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Saturday the government is discussing taking the battle to Orakzai tribal region.
Pakistan`s military has recently launched airstrikes at militant targets in Orakzai.
The UN says thousands of people have fled the area.
Orakzai has long been the main base of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud.
The military still issues daily reports of its battlefield actions in South Waziristan, but it is clear the activity has slowed down.
Many militants in South Waziristan are believed to have gone to Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH