South Waziristan offensive over: Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Prime Minister says the Army has finished its operation against the Taliban in the South Waziristan tribal region but may now pursue militants in another area along the Afghan border.
Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Saturday the government is discussing taking the battle to Orakzai tribal region.
Pakistan`s military has recently launched airstrikes at militant targets in Orakzai.
The UN says thousands of people have fled the area.
Orakzai has long been the main base of Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud.
The military still issues daily reports of its battlefield actions in South Waziristan, but it is clear the activity has slowed down.
Many militants in South Waziristan are believed to have gone to Orakzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'