Special US Representative Grossman heads for Pak
Washington: As part of President Barack
Obama`s effort to smoothen relationship with Islamabad following the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, Special US Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Mark Grossman
has left for a tour of the region.
This is his second visit to the region in less than a
Besides Pakistan, Grossman would also travel to
Afghanistan and four Central Asian nations of Kazakhstan,
Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan during his visit.
"Ambassador Grossman departs on May 17 for travel to
Astana, Bishkek, Tashkent, Dushanbe, Islamabad and Kabul," the
State Department said in a statement.
Grossman would be meet senior government officials in
each nation and reaffirm the Af-Pak policy of the Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof