Special US Representative Grossman heads for Pak
Washington: As part of President Barack
Obama`s effort to smoothen relationship with Islamabad following the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, Special US Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Mark Grossman
has left for a tour of the region.
This is his second visit to the region in less than a
Besides Pakistan, Grossman would also travel to
Afghanistan and four Central Asian nations of Kazakhstan,
Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan during his visit.
"Ambassador Grossman departs on May 17 for travel to
Astana, Bishkek, Tashkent, Dushanbe, Islamabad and Kabul," the
State Department said in a statement.
Grossman would be meet senior government officials in
each nation and reaffirm the Af-Pak policy of the Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return