Spiritual leader`s grandson killed in Pak blast
Karachi: The grandson of a prominent spiritual leader was killed and 10 others were injured when a bomb blast ripped through a religious gathering in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province today, police said.
The blast occurred as the motorcade of Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, arrived at the venue of a rally near Jacobabad in Sindh this afternoon.
Police official Ghulam Muhammad Brohi said the bomb, planted by the roadside, was triggered by remote control.
Shah`s grandson Shafiq Hussain Shah was killed in the attack.
Shah and another grandson, Zaki Shah, were among the injured.
The spiritual leader`s car was destroyed by the blast. The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The attack angered Shah`s followers and caused tension in several cities of Sindh. Protesters took to the streets and forced businesses and shops to close down.
The Sunni Tehrik called for a day of mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!