Spiritual leader`s grandson killed in Pak blast
Karachi: The grandson of a prominent spiritual leader was killed and 10 others were injured when a bomb blast ripped through a religious gathering in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province today, police said.
The blast occurred as the motorcade of Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, arrived at the venue of a rally near Jacobabad in Sindh this afternoon.
Police official Ghulam Muhammad Brohi said the bomb, planted by the roadside, was triggered by remote control.
Shah`s grandson Shafiq Hussain Shah was killed in the attack.
Shah and another grandson, Zaki Shah, were among the injured.
The spiritual leader`s car was destroyed by the blast. The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The attack angered Shah`s followers and caused tension in several cities of Sindh. Protesters took to the streets and forced businesses and shops to close down.
The Sunni Tehrik called for a day of mourning in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice