Spiritual leader`s grandson killed in Pak blast
Karachi: The grandson of a prominent spiritual leader was killed and 10 others were injured when a bomb blast ripped through a religious gathering in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province today, police said.
The blast occurred as the motorcade of Sain Hussain Shah, the Pir of Qambar Sharif, arrived at the venue of a rally near Jacobabad in Sindh this afternoon.
Police official Ghulam Muhammad Brohi said the bomb, planted by the roadside, was triggered by remote control.
Shah`s grandson Shafiq Hussain Shah was killed in the attack.
Shah and another grandson, Zaki Shah, were among the injured.
The spiritual leader`s car was destroyed by the blast. The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
The attack angered Shah`s followers and caused tension in several cities of Sindh. Protesters took to the streets and forced businesses and shops to close down.
The Sunni Tehrik called for a day of mourning in the province.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know