Sri Lanka blacklists Indian drug suppliers
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Ministry of Health has
blacklisted at least a dozen Indian drug suppliers for violating tendering procedures and supplying low quality medicines, officials said.
Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena has directed his
officials to look elsewhere for supplies to meet urgent requirements, officials added.
"I have been told by my officials that Indian companies
have violated tender procedures or have supplied low quality
drugs," Sirisena was quoted as saying in local press.
The Indian companies` shortcomings have led to shortages
in some urgently needed medicines, officials charge.
Around 100 Indian drugs suppliers are in the Colombo
Health ministry`s suppliers roll, but the companies in the
spotlight have been blacklisted for supplying sub-standard
medicine while paying no heed to deadlines for supply and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained