Sri Lanka blacklists Indian drug suppliers
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Ministry of Health has
blacklisted at least a dozen Indian drug suppliers for violating tendering procedures and supplying low quality medicines, officials said.
Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena has directed his
officials to look elsewhere for supplies to meet urgent requirements, officials added.
"I have been told by my officials that Indian companies
have violated tender procedures or have supplied low quality
drugs," Sirisena was quoted as saying in local press.
The Indian companies` shortcomings have led to shortages
in some urgently needed medicines, officials charge.
Around 100 Indian drugs suppliers are in the Colombo
Health ministry`s suppliers roll, but the companies in the
spotlight have been blacklisted for supplying sub-standard
medicine while paying no heed to deadlines for supply and
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living