Sri Lanka blacklists Indian drug suppliers
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Ministry of Health has
blacklisted at least a dozen Indian drug suppliers for violating tendering procedures and supplying low quality medicines, officials said.
Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena has directed his
officials to look elsewhere for supplies to meet urgent requirements, officials added.
"I have been told by my officials that Indian companies
have violated tender procedures or have supplied low quality
drugs," Sirisena was quoted as saying in local press.
The Indian companies` shortcomings have led to shortages
in some urgently needed medicines, officials charge.
Around 100 Indian drugs suppliers are in the Colombo
Health ministry`s suppliers roll, but the companies in the
spotlight have been blacklisted for supplying sub-standard
medicine while paying no heed to deadlines for supply and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC