Sri Lanka editor murder suspect dies
Colombo: The main suspect in the murder of a
pro-opposition editor has died in hospital, police said on Saturday.
He was held for the January 2009 murder of Lasantha
Wickrematunga, the editor of Sunday Leader.
The police spokesman Maxi Procter said the suspect had
been admitted in the national hospital here with chest pains
Wickrematunga, the controversial editor was attacked by
an unknown group on his way to work.
He succumbed to severe head injuries.
Two suspects were held by the investigators, one of
whom was bailed out recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad