Sri Lanka editor murder suspect dies
Colombo: The main suspect in the murder of a
pro-opposition editor has died in hospital, police said on Saturday.
He was held for the January 2009 murder of Lasantha
Wickrematunga, the editor of Sunday Leader.
The police spokesman Maxi Procter said the suspect had
been admitted in the national hospital here with chest pains
Wickrematunga, the controversial editor was attacked by
an unknown group on his way to work.
He succumbed to severe head injuries.
Two suspects were held by the investigators, one of
whom was bailed out recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!