Sri Lanka-India joint Naval exercise begins
Colombo: A joint exercise of Sri Lankan and
Indian naval forces started today in the eastern seas off
Trincomalee to enhance interoperability of the two navies.
"Sri Lanka Navy and Indian Navy started a joint naval
exercise off Trincomalee today. It will go on until 24th
September," Sri Lankan Naval spokesman Commander Kosala
"The exercise, code-named `SLINEX II`, is aimed at
enhancing interoperability of the two navies. It will pave way
for both navies to rehearse the concept of joint naval
operations and enhance own skills in order to gain from each
other`s experience," he said.
Warnakulasuriya said that two offshore patrol vessels,
one fast missile vessel, two fast gun boats and six fast
attack crafts from Sri Lanka Navy and one destroyer, one
frigate, one missile corvette, one landing ship tank and two
fast attack craft along with one maritime patrol aircraft from
India are participating in the exercise.
These are routine exercises of the two navies who
maintained a close cooperation during Sri Lanka`s battle
against the LTTE in the north and north eastern waters, the
Sri Lankan officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video