Sri Lanka lifts tsunami warning
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Meteorological Department lifted a tsunami warning on Wednesday almost four hours after issuing it following an 8.6 magnitude earthquake off Indonesia and a number of aftershocks.
"We have lifted the warning. People now can go back to their homes. But we are still advising not to go to sea as there has been some high tides in some areas washing away some boats," S.R. Jayasekera, a deputy director of the Meteorological Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country