Sri Lanka lifts tsunami warning
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Meteorological Department lifted a tsunami warning on Wednesday almost four hours after issuing it following an 8.6 magnitude earthquake off Indonesia and a number of aftershocks.
"We have lifted the warning. People now can go back to their homes. But we are still advising not to go to sea as there has been some high tides in some areas washing away some boats," S.R. Jayasekera, a deputy director of the Meteorological Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'