Sri Lanka seeks security of its properties in India
Colombo: Sri Lanka on Friday sought security of its properties and establishments in India following vandalisation of an office of the Bank of Ceylon in Tamil Nadu.
The Sri Lanka High Commission in New Delhi has been asked to seek the assistance of the Government of India in providing security to other Sri Lankan establishments such as Maha Bodhi Society, Sri Lankan Airlines and to all Sri Lankans living in India, an official statement said.
The statement came after yesterday`s attack on the Sri Lanka`s state-owned Bank of Ceylon branch in Chennai.
The attack, which left two person injured, came on the eve of a private visit to India by President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Meanwhile, a thick security blanket has been thrown over Tirupati in the wake of reports that some Tamil Nadu-based outfits may create trouble during the visit of Rajapaksa there this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!