Sri Lanka to boycott Nobel Prize award ceremony
Colombo: Sri Lanka has decided to boycott
Friday`s Nobel Prize award ceremony in Oslo to express
solidarity with China, which has objected the bestowing of the
Peace Prize on imprisoned dissident writer Liu Xiaobo.
External Affairs Ministry spokesman Bandula Jayasekara
said that "the government wouldn`t accept Norway`s invitation
to attend the ceremony".
Eighteen other countries including Russia, Cuba, Iraq
and Iran have already decided to boycott the event.
Fiffty-eight countries that have embassies in Oslo
were invited to attend the event tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical