Sri Lanka to boycott Nobel Prize award ceremony
Colombo: Sri Lanka has decided to boycott
Friday`s Nobel Prize award ceremony in Oslo to express
solidarity with China, which has objected the bestowing of the
Peace Prize on imprisoned dissident writer Liu Xiaobo.
External Affairs Ministry spokesman Bandula Jayasekara
said that "the government wouldn`t accept Norway`s invitation
to attend the ceremony".
Eighteen other countries including Russia, Cuba, Iraq
and Iran have already decided to boycott the event.
Fiffty-eight countries that have embassies in Oslo
were invited to attend the event tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali