Sri Lanka to boycott Nobel Prize award ceremony
Colombo: Sri Lanka has decided to boycott
Friday`s Nobel Prize award ceremony in Oslo to express
solidarity with China, which has objected the bestowing of the
Peace Prize on imprisoned dissident writer Liu Xiaobo.
External Affairs Ministry spokesman Bandula Jayasekara
said that "the government wouldn`t accept Norway`s invitation
to attend the ceremony".
Eighteen other countries including Russia, Cuba, Iraq
and Iran have already decided to boycott the event.
Fiffty-eight countries that have embassies in Oslo
were invited to attend the event tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss