Sri Lanka to boycott Nobel Prize award ceremony
Colombo: Sri Lanka has decided to boycott
Friday`s Nobel Prize award ceremony in Oslo to express
solidarity with China, which has objected the bestowing of the
Peace Prize on imprisoned dissident writer Liu Xiaobo.
External Affairs Ministry spokesman Bandula Jayasekara
said that "the government wouldn`t accept Norway`s invitation
to attend the ceremony".
Eighteen other countries including Russia, Cuba, Iraq
and Iran have already decided to boycott the event.
Fiffty-eight countries that have embassies in Oslo
were invited to attend the event tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore