‘Sri Lanka to protest US intrusion of airspace’
Colombo: Sri Lanka has alleged that a
squadron of ten US fighter jets violated its airspace and
will register its protest with the American Embassy here over
The government will register its protest with the US over
the intrusion of its air space, `Sunday Times` said today.
The External Affairs Ministry will be handing over its
written protest to the US embassy here, the paper said.
The director of civil aviation H M C Nimalasiri is quoted
as saying that they were trying to establish if the US jets
had violated the oceanic air space or the territory.
A senior Airforce official has said that there have been
periodic incursions by US combat aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state