Sri Lanka: Woman bites off lover`s penis
Melbourne: As Sri Lankan police are investigating two cases of men with injury to their sex organs, another man from the same region had his penis bitten off by his lover during a row, it has been revealed.
The 30-year-old man was rushed to a rural hospital in Andapana, 180km south of Colombo, after a quarrel with the 45-year-old female turned violent.
“About three-quarters of the penis had been bitten off,” the Daily Telegraph quoted a doctor as saying.
“We stopped the bleeding and sent him to a urologist at Karapitiya (a bigger town nearby) to see if the severed part can be re-attached,” the doctor said.
A police official in the southern town of Hakmana said the man, identified as Chandana Pradeep, a barber, had argued with the woman after she refused to give him money for alcohol.
Police had said the couple were married, but later said the victim had told them in a statement they were lovers.
The police said they were investigating the other two cases to see if there was any link between the three incidents.
Police did not say how the other men were hurt or their exact injuries.
The barber’s case has echoes of American John Bobbit, whose wife Lorena famously cut off his penis with a kitchen knife in 1993. She claimed she had suffered from years of physical and mental abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption