Sri Lanka: Woman bites off lover`s penis
Melbourne: As Sri Lankan police are investigating two cases of men with injury to their sex organs, another man from the same region had his penis bitten off by his lover during a row, it has been revealed.
The 30-year-old man was rushed to a rural hospital in Andapana, 180km south of Colombo, after a quarrel with the 45-year-old female turned violent.
“About three-quarters of the penis had been bitten off,” the Daily Telegraph quoted a doctor as saying.
“We stopped the bleeding and sent him to a urologist at Karapitiya (a bigger town nearby) to see if the severed part can be re-attached,” the doctor said.
A police official in the southern town of Hakmana said the man, identified as Chandana Pradeep, a barber, had argued with the woman after she refused to give him money for alcohol.
Police had said the couple were married, but later said the victim had told them in a statement they were lovers.
The police said they were investigating the other two cases to see if there was any link between the three incidents.
Police did not say how the other men were hurt or their exact injuries.
The barber’s case has echoes of American John Bobbit, whose wife Lorena famously cut off his penis with a kitchen knife in 1993. She claimed she had suffered from years of physical and mental abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok