Sri Lankan journalist shot in neck
Colombo: Sri Lankan journalist Faraz Shaukatali has been shot at by unidentified gunmen in the national capital, police said Saturday.
Shaukatali, a columnist in The Sunday Leader newspaper, was fired at by three people at his guest house in the Colombo suburb of Mount Lavinia around midnight, they said.
He was admitted to the intensive care unit of the Kalubowila hospital.
The motive of the attack is not known.
Shaukatali is a columnist in The Sunday Leader which was in the past known for its anti-government content. Its founder editor Lasantha Wickrematunga was killed in early 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls