Sri Lankan Muslims protest anti-Islam film
Colombo: Hundreds of Muslims in Sri Lanka have protested against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States, calling for its creators to be hanged.
About 300 protesters marched in Sri Lanka`s capital, Colombo, today, carrying signs and banners that read, "Ban anti-Islamic film all over the world. US should apologise to Muslims."
They chanted, "Hang the producer and director of the film."
Protesters also spit on and walked on US and Israeli flags during the demonstration, which was organised by an Islamic group called Sri Lanka Thaweed Jamath.
Abdul Razeek, a spokesman for the group, demanded the US ban the film and said the protests would continue until the film is completely removed from YouTube.
He said protesters were "ready to sacrifice our lives for this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant