Sri Lankan Muslims protest anti-Islam film
Colombo: Hundreds of Muslims in Sri Lanka have protested against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States, calling for its creators to be hanged.
About 300 protesters marched in Sri Lanka`s capital, Colombo, today, carrying signs and banners that read, "Ban anti-Islamic film all over the world. US should apologise to Muslims."
They chanted, "Hang the producer and director of the film."
Protesters also spit on and walked on US and Israeli flags during the demonstration, which was organised by an Islamic group called Sri Lanka Thaweed Jamath.
Abdul Razeek, a spokesman for the group, demanded the US ban the film and said the protests would continue until the film is completely removed from YouTube.
He said protesters were "ready to sacrifice our lives for this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof