Sri Lankan Muslims protest anti-Islam film
Colombo: Hundreds of Muslims in Sri Lanka have protested against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States, calling for its creators to be hanged.
About 300 protesters marched in Sri Lanka`s capital, Colombo, today, carrying signs and banners that read, "Ban anti-Islamic film all over the world. US should apologise to Muslims."
They chanted, "Hang the producer and director of the film."
Protesters also spit on and walked on US and Israeli flags during the demonstration, which was organised by an Islamic group called Sri Lanka Thaweed Jamath.
Abdul Razeek, a spokesman for the group, demanded the US ban the film and said the protests would continue until the film is completely removed from YouTube.
He said protesters were "ready to sacrifice our lives for this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj