Sri Lankan Muslims protest anti-Islam film
Colombo: Hundreds of Muslims in Sri Lanka have protested against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States, calling for its creators to be hanged.
About 300 protesters marched in Sri Lanka`s capital, Colombo, today, carrying signs and banners that read, "Ban anti-Islamic film all over the world. US should apologise to Muslims."
They chanted, "Hang the producer and director of the film."
Protesters also spit on and walked on US and Israeli flags during the demonstration, which was organised by an Islamic group called Sri Lanka Thaweed Jamath.
Abdul Razeek, a spokesman for the group, demanded the US ban the film and said the protests would continue until the film is completely removed from YouTube.
He said protesters were "ready to sacrifice our lives for this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly