Sri Lankan Muslims protest anti-Islam film
Colombo: Hundreds of Muslims in Sri Lanka have protested against an anti-Islam film produced in the United States, calling for its creators to be hanged.
About 300 protesters marched in Sri Lanka`s capital, Colombo, today, carrying signs and banners that read, "Ban anti-Islamic film all over the world. US should apologise to Muslims."
They chanted, "Hang the producer and director of the film."
Protesters also spit on and walked on US and Israeli flags during the demonstration, which was organised by an Islamic group called Sri Lanka Thaweed Jamath.
Abdul Razeek, a spokesman for the group, demanded the US ban the film and said the protests would continue until the film is completely removed from YouTube.
He said protesters were "ready to sacrifice our lives for this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anil Kumble appointed as the new head coach of Indian cricket team
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union