Sri Lankan President condoles Indian flood deaths
Colombo: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa on Friday mourned the death and destruction due to massive flooding in north Indian states.
In a condolence message to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Rajapaksa said, "We in Sri Lanka share the grief of the people of India at this time of grave distress".
"Our thoughts at this difficult time are with the families of those who lost their lives, those who were injured and with those who have suffered damage to homes and property", he said.
Over 200 people have been killed and thousands remain stranded in Uttarakhand and parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh states due to massive flooding caused by incessant rainfall.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav