Sri Lankan president hosts Nirupama Rao
Colombo: Sri Lankan President Mahinda
Rajapaksa on Saturday hosted a farewell reception for outgoing
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao here.
Rajapaksa hosted Rao at breakfast at the president`s
house, a presidential release said, adding it was a farewell
call by Rao before leaving to US as the Indian Ambassador.
Rao was previously the Indian High Commissioner in
Colombo before assuming the foreign secretary`s role.
Rao and two other top Indian officials, including
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, made a visit to
Colombo in June to discuss many key areas of bilateral issues
between the two nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray