Sri Lankan president reshuffles cabinet
Colombo: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa reshuffled his cabinet Monday and appointed ten new ministers, the President`s office said.
Presidential spokesman Mohan Samaranayaka said that six new deputy ministers were also appointed in the cabinet reshuffle. Among the major notable changes were those at the power and energy ministry and petroleum resources ministry, reported Xinhua.
Pavithra Wanniarachchi was appointed the new minister of power and energy while the minister who held that post earlier, Champika Ranawaka, was appointed the minister of technology and research.
Former petroleum resources minister Susil Premajayantha was named the new minister of environment while Anura Priyadharshana Yapa took over as the new minister of petroleum resources.
The former ministers of petroleum and power and energy had been in the media spotlight in the recent past after both the state-owned Ceylon Petroleum Corporation and the Ceylon Electricity Board began to suffer losses.
Lakshman Seniviratne was named the minister of sugar industries, Jayaratna Herath the minister of botanical gardens and public enterprises, Lakshman Yapa Abeywardena the investment promotion minister, Duminda Dissanayake the education services minister, Basir Segu Daud the minister of productivity promotion and Wijith Wiheyamuni Soyza the minister of wildlife conservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015