Sri Lankan soldiers injured in accidental explosion
Colombo: At least six soldiers have been injured in an accidental explosion in the former LTTE territory of Mullaithivu in north Sri Lanka.
Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya, the military spokesman said that in a former LTTE base in Udayarkattukulam a minor explosion had occurred during preparatory work for construction work there.
Preliminary investigations showed that a stock of detonators hidden by the LTTE had exploded when a soldier unknowingly dug the ground for some construction work, Wanigasooriya said.
Mullaithivu for decades remained the LTTE`s military capital when they ran a parallel administration in the north and east.
Last month, after 4 years since the LTTE was defeated, the military said an underground bunker used by the late LTTE leader Velupillai Prabakaran had been discovered in Mullaithivu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof