Sri Lankan soldiers injured in accidental explosion
Colombo: At least six soldiers have been injured in an accidental explosion in the former LTTE territory of Mullaithivu in north Sri Lanka.
Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya, the military spokesman said that in a former LTTE base in Udayarkattukulam a minor explosion had occurred during preparatory work for construction work there.
Preliminary investigations showed that a stock of detonators hidden by the LTTE had exploded when a soldier unknowingly dug the ground for some construction work, Wanigasooriya said.
Mullaithivu for decades remained the LTTE`s military capital when they ran a parallel administration in the north and east.
Last month, after 4 years since the LTTE was defeated, the military said an underground bunker used by the late LTTE leader Velupillai Prabakaran had been discovered in Mullaithivu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Philippines` Duterte looking to destroy `Imperial Manila`
- Monsoon special: Steal the show by going bold and beautiful with hairdos
- Brexit will put pressure on global growth: IMF deputy MD
- New survey lists out excuses Indians give to delay marriage – Check out
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi