Sri Lankan soldiers injured in accidental explosion
Colombo: At least six soldiers have been injured in an accidental explosion in the former LTTE territory of Mullaithivu in north Sri Lanka.
Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya, the military spokesman said that in a former LTTE base in Udayarkattukulam a minor explosion had occurred during preparatory work for construction work there.
Preliminary investigations showed that a stock of detonators hidden by the LTTE had exploded when a soldier unknowingly dug the ground for some construction work, Wanigasooriya said.
Mullaithivu for decades remained the LTTE`s military capital when they ran a parallel administration in the north and east.
Last month, after 4 years since the LTTE was defeated, the military said an underground bunker used by the late LTTE leader Velupillai Prabakaran had been discovered in Mullaithivu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?