Sri Lankan soldiers injured in accidental explosion
Colombo: At least six soldiers have been injured in an accidental explosion in the former LTTE territory of Mullaithivu in north Sri Lanka.
Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya, the military spokesman said that in a former LTTE base in Udayarkattukulam a minor explosion had occurred during preparatory work for construction work there.
Preliminary investigations showed that a stock of detonators hidden by the LTTE had exploded when a soldier unknowingly dug the ground for some construction work, Wanigasooriya said.
Mullaithivu for decades remained the LTTE`s military capital when they ran a parallel administration in the north and east.
Last month, after 4 years since the LTTE was defeated, the military said an underground bunker used by the late LTTE leader Velupillai Prabakaran had been discovered in Mullaithivu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi