Sri Lankan train accident kills 1, injures 27
Colombo (Sri Lanka): Police say a passenger
train has rammed into the back of another train in Sri Lanka,
killing one person and injuring 27 others.
Police spokesman Maxi Proctor says the accident occurred
yesterday evening near a railway station in Alawwa, about 35
miles (60 kilometers) northeast of Colombo.
He said police are still investigating the cause of the
Trains are an important form of travel in Sri Lanka
because they are inexpensive and many roads are in poor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'