Sri Lankan train accident kills 1, injures 27
Colombo (Sri Lanka): Police say a passenger
train has rammed into the back of another train in Sri Lanka,
killing one person and injuring 27 others.
Police spokesman Maxi Proctor says the accident occurred
yesterday evening near a railway station in Alawwa, about 35
miles (60 kilometers) northeast of Colombo.
He said police are still investigating the cause of the
Trains are an important form of travel in Sri Lanka
because they are inexpensive and many roads are in poor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?