`Stability pre-requisite for economic growth in So
Islamabad: Pakistan chapter of SAARC
Chambers of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) on Wednesday hailed the
optimistic outcome of Indo-Pak foreign ministerial meeting
held in New Delhi.
"Durable harmony and resolution of all core issue
through peaceful parleys is pre-requisite for stability and
economic growth in the region," SCCI`s Pakistan chapter chief
and trade leader Iftikhar Ali Malik said in a statement here.
He said that the constructive discussion in congenial
atmosphere at meeting held between External Affairs Minister S
M Krishna and his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar on
all important issues confronting the two nuclear powers
including Kashmir issue is a good omen for the region.
India and Pakistan today announced new Confidence
Building Measures which will include increasing cross-LoC
trading days and expanding travel to include tourism and
SCCI has fully supported the government-industry
partnership and remained engaged in dialogue with governments
of the SAARC region, he said.
Malik said successful SAARC conference held Islamabad
recently was a one good step towards normalisation of
relations between the two nuclear states.
SCCI can play a pivotal role in deepening and widening
economic and regional co-operation with special focus on
stamping out the ever increasing menace of terror in the
region, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!