Stalled Indo-Pak peace process benefiting terrorists: Gilani
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Saturday asked India to return to the composite dialogue process, contending that the delay in resuming the stalled peace talks would only benefit terrorists.
"We seek relations (with India) on the basis of equality. It is our resolve not to let our soil to be used for terrorism. Therefore, we want the composite dialogue to be resumed because the terrorists are benefiting from the situation," Gilani said.
"If we do not talk to each other, terrorists will benefit," he told reporters on the sidelines of an official function in the southern port city of Karachi.
India put the composite dialogue on hold in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks in November last year.
New Delhi has linked the resumption of peace talks to Islamabad taking action against the perpetrators of the attacks.
Pakistan has acknowledged that the Lashker-e-Toiba carried out the attacks that killed nearly 180 people.
Though seven suspects, including LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, are currently facing trial in an anti-terror court in Rawalpindi, Pakistan has ruled out the arrest or prosecution of LeT founder and Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, a key accused in the Mumbai case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video