Starvation compels woman to kill two sons in Pakistan
Lahore: Forced by extreme poverty, a 24-year-old Pakistani woman today allegedly murdered her two minor sons by drowning one in a bath tub and strangulating other here.
"I have killed my sons - Fahad (2) and eight-months-old Yousuf - as I had no food to feed them," Bisma told reporters.
"My husband is a drug-addict and he never bothered to take care of family. Since I didn`t want to see my children becoming beggars, I decided to kill them," she said.
She said it was not a story of one day that she had no food to feed her children.
Bisma admitted, "I drowned my elder son in a bath tub and strangled the younger one."
Asked what forced her to commit such an inhumane act, Bisma said, "Poverty is a cruel thing."
Police have registered a murder case against Bisma and her husband Sunny. She has been arrested and taken into police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa