Starvation compels woman to kill two sons in Pakistan
Lahore: Forced by extreme poverty, a 24-year-old Pakistani woman today allegedly murdered her two minor sons by drowning one in a bath tub and strangulating other here.
"I have killed my sons - Fahad (2) and eight-months-old Yousuf - as I had no food to feed them," Bisma told reporters.
"My husband is a drug-addict and he never bothered to take care of family. Since I didn`t want to see my children becoming beggars, I decided to kill them," she said.
She said it was not a story of one day that she had no food to feed her children.
Bisma admitted, "I drowned my elder son in a bath tub and strangled the younger one."
Asked what forced her to commit such an inhumane act, Bisma said, "Poverty is a cruel thing."
Police have registered a murder case against Bisma and her husband Sunny. She has been arrested and taken into police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed