Still no visa to India: Fatima Bhutto
Islamabad: Fatima Bhutto, the niece of slain former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto, who is aggressively promoting her tell-all tome on the Bhutto dynasty, has said she has not been granted a visa to visit India for a book tour.
"Still no Indian visa!" Fatima said in a message posted on her page on the social networking website Twitter. She followed it up with another tweet early today, saying she "doesn`t bite. Can she have her Indian book tour visa now?"
Over the past few weeks, Fatima has been promoting ‘Songs of Blood and Sword’, her book on the Bhutto dynasty, which has already been declared a promising read by reviewers across the globe.
She has also re-launched her website fatimabhutto.com.pk.
"My website is finally up. Attack of the fakes is over. This is me," she tweeted.
In the recent past, Fatima has been on "warpath" to silence the fake "Fatima Bhuttos" on websites like Twitter and Facebook.
"Twitter victory is mine! Got the fake Fatima Bhuttos suspended. No longer feel like am living in Kafka nightmare," she tweeted some time ago.
She also took on the fakes on Facebook. "Facebook removed all the fake Fatima Bhuttos. Ha! And all it took was a lawyer, a legal notice, and a Twitter-inspired victory," she said.
Fatima doesn`t intend to be on Facebook ever, claiming that she "loathes" it.
Fatima has also been wondering how her fakes find time to impersonate her! "That`s a new fake. How do these people have the time?" she asked.
Almost every day, Fatima posts links about literary events related to her book or about the filming of a promo on her Twitter page.
"First piece on Songs of Blood and Sword out today, written by the amazing Janine di Giovanni," she tweeted today. In between, she tweets about President Asif Ali Zardari, her pet peeve. "I congratulate the president on donating his body organs. While he`s at it, I request him to donate his savings. This may benefit a lot more people."
Fatima has been accused of washing family linen in public, something her aunt Benazir never did even under extreme provocation.
She has been criticised by some political commentators for such actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends