Stop terror cancer, shut down 43 camps: Russia to Pak
New Delhi: Ahead of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev`s India visit, Russia`s Ambassador Alexander M Kadakin on Friday described terrorism emanating from Pakistan as cancer and urged Islamabad to do away with 43 terrorist training camps that are known to be operating from its soil.
"We want Pakistan to solve its internal problems. We don`t want any threat emanating from the 43 training camps from where this horrible infection of cancer (is spreading). That is from where tentacles reach London, Moscow and Mumbai," Kadakin told reporters here Friday.
"This must be done away with," Kadakin stressed.
He added that India and Russia know exactly from where the terror threat is coming from.
However, the envoy backed better ties between India and Pakistan. "We want India`s relations with Pakistan to improve. That is what we earnestly want."
Medvedev touches down here on a two-day visit Monday night.
Terrorism will be among a host of global issues that will be discussed between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Medvedev during their delegation-level talks Tuesday.
Medvedev will head to Agra and Mumbai Wednesday. In Mumbai, Medvedev will stay at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, one of the targets of terror attacks on Nov 26, 2008, and pay homage to victims of the Mumbai terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi