Stop terror cancer, shut down 43 camps: Russia to Pak
New Delhi: Ahead of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev`s India visit, Russia`s Ambassador Alexander M Kadakin on Friday described terrorism emanating from Pakistan as cancer and urged Islamabad to do away with 43 terrorist training camps that are known to be operating from its soil.
"We want Pakistan to solve its internal problems. We don`t want any threat emanating from the 43 training camps from where this horrible infection of cancer (is spreading). That is from where tentacles reach London, Moscow and Mumbai," Kadakin told reporters here Friday.
"This must be done away with," Kadakin stressed.
He added that India and Russia know exactly from where the terror threat is coming from.
However, the envoy backed better ties between India and Pakistan. "We want India`s relations with Pakistan to improve. That is what we earnestly want."
Medvedev touches down here on a two-day visit Monday night.
Terrorism will be among a host of global issues that will be discussed between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Medvedev during their delegation-level talks Tuesday.
Medvedev will head to Agra and Mumbai Wednesday. In Mumbai, Medvedev will stay at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, one of the targets of terror attacks on Nov 26, 2008, and pay homage to victims of the Mumbai terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested